This declaration may be freely copied in any form, but only in its entirety through this notice.
Agile Marketing Principles (proposed)
While we did not vote on the principles during Sprint Zero, we did produce the following candidates. They elaborate on the values.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of marketing that solves problems
- We welcome and plan for change. We believe that our ability to quickly respond to change is a source of competitive advantage
- Deliver marketing programs frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale
- Great marketing requires close alignment with the business people, sales and development
- Build marketing programs around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done
- Learning, through the build-measure-learn feedback loop, is the primary measure of progress
- Sustainable marketing requires you to keep a constant pace and pipeline
- Don’t be afraid to fail; just don’t fail the same way twice
- Continuous attention to marketing fundamentals and good design enhances agility
- Simplicity is essential