Agile Marketing Principles (proposed)
We didn’t vote on a set of principles, but here are the candidates. They elaborate on the values.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of marketing that solves problems
- We welcome and plan for change. We believe that our ability to quickly respond to change is a source of competitive advantage
- Deliver marketing programs frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale
- Great marketing requires close alignment with the business people, sales and development
- Build marketing programs around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done
- Learning, through the build-measure-learn feedback loop, is the primary measure of progress
- Sustainable marketing requires you to keep a constant pace and pipeline
- Don’t be afraid to fail; just don’t fail the same way twice
- Continuous attention to marketing fundamentals and good design enhances agility
- Simplicity is essential
This declaration may be freely copied in any form, but only in its entirety through this notice.